2011. október 17., hétfő

PC difficulties

I think I am not the only one who faces problems and difficulties when university assignments requiring PC on a daily basis. Since I am not so conversant in PC utilization the issues emerge at every occasion.

I cannot type fast. Well, I should say, I type very slowly. It means the basic problem when writing an essay, thesis, research paper or blog entries here. For some reason even continuous practice does not help me achieve better results in typing. There is an array of texts to write at uni, though. Sometimes I feel really bad about it; and then I realize I should not. This is an ability and not everybody has this gift. It is like language learning; one can memorize analogies of grammar or understand the usage of tenses easier than others.

Also, I am not an advanced Windows user.  So to say, the system permanently surprises me with various pop-up windows showing messages on failures occuring. After having those windows closed the system offers 'help' automatically by driving me to BIOS properties. I never have even the slightest idea what to do there. Furthermore, I cannot return to the desktop.

Anyway, I could continue with difficulties until Microsoft releases Win 9 at least. I have been using Win7 for months now and the system seems more user-friendly that no drive-by occurs. Win Vista and, especially, Win XP bombed my screen with messages like mentioned. 

After all, I am not upset. Computer science is not my world; however, I am able to cope with simple tasks like writing blog entries.

3 megjegyzés:

  1. You know, practice makes perfect! :)

    VálaszTörlés
  2. I think I have heard from a reliable source that there is a way to shut down those pop-ups in Windows. Tried the settings yet?

    VálaszTörlés
  3. Yes, once I browsed the options about 'pop-up windows' in control panel settings, but nothing has really changed. I must not click on 'yes' when it offers help. I just close the window and nothing bothers me anymore.

    VálaszTörlés